Many of us who enjoyed and benefited from being part of a school band program stored those old horns and other instruments in the attic, closet or garage gathering dust. Now you have the opportunity to put them into the hands of an eager child who could not otherwise take part in a wonderful learning experience.
Band resources have declined in recent years and Katrina dealt a set back to those schools that still had band programs. This project is a way of giving hope back to the children who want to play a musical instrument.
- Donate your old band instrument (tax deductible)
- Repair the instrument to playing condition and donate to The Karnofsky Project.
- Identify and refer young children who long to play an instrument but can not afford to buy a band instrument.
- Sponsor a child to participate in music lessons through The Karnofsky Project.
- Start the kids (and families) in a community service program that allows him/her/them to give back to the community.
- Financially support The Karnofsky Project with a tax deductible gift.